Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday, July 11th

Well, I explored around Feedster a bit and created a rss feed for my blog on the subject of Iraq (it's feeding just news stories not blog entries). I then spent a good amount of time trying to get it in the right place and then changing the background or font color as the text was unreadable. I got the link color changed but not the text so I'm letting that go for now. I knew next to nothing about rss feeds and the tools for creating them so this exercise was good for me.

As far as tracking what else I've learned, it's turned out that the wiring to our well pump has to be replaced and rerouted. So over the last week I've absorbed so much about pumps, wiring, and pvc pipe that it's difficult to pinpoint anything specific. I knew so little about it that even simple things like wire splicing and couplings were new to me, so the fact that I'm walking around Home Depot spouting phrases like "I'm going to need 150 ft. of cable (three wire with ground), some pvc cement, three-quarters inch bell pvc pipe, some 90 degree elbows, and a trencher" is astonishing.

No comments: